Thursday, March 22, 2012

And the score is: 3-1 for the pebble.

Yep, this teeny tiny little pebble. 
It has been responsible for no less than THREE flat tires over a 20km span, has left me stranded in the middle of a field, has made me late for steak dinner with the family, and for a department meeting at work.  Finally, though, I think me and bike commuting are back on track.  I found puncture-resistant tubes for my cross bike (sweet - I didn't even know they made those!) which means that flat tires may be a thing of the past.  On the bright side, I am now a hell of a lot faster at patching a tube :o)

- E

1 comment:

  1. Ugh...

    That reminds me of the time I went through four tubes because I didn't notice that the tape inside the rim that covers the spoke attachments had peeled up in one spot, causing inflated tires to hit the edge there and pop immediately upon getting to a certain pressure.

    The fix? using electrical tape inside the rim to cover the spoke attachments (works fantastically well, btw).

    ReplyDelete